New Years Eve is one of the most popular festivals celebrated by almost all nations across the world, with the beautiful coastal city of the Gold Coast celebrating this amazing event with bright lights, entertainment and of course… fireworks!
This family friendly celebration boasts a number of great spots for people to watch the spectacular fireworks displays.
Gold Coast New Years Eve Date – 2017 Fireworks Times & Locations
People who are planning to visit Broadbeach for New Years Eve celebrations can visit Kurrawa Park; where you can watch the fireworks while enjoying the wide range of entertainment, activities and dining options at the various fine-dining venues.
The New Years Eve fireworks are watched from various points across the city, with one of the most popular viewpoints for the fireworks being Southport. Alternatively, the Labrador side of the Broadwater is another great spot to watch the sparkling fireworks over the skyline of Surfers Paradise.
Check back for updates as to the 2017 festival. Here is a list of the NYE fireworks displays which were held in 2016:
- Broadbeach – 8pm and midnight. Kurrawa Park, 155 Old Burleigh Rd, Broadbeach.
- Broadwater Parklands Southport – 9pm. Broadwater Parklands. Marine Parade, Southport.
- Coomera – 9.30pm. Viney Park, 1 Yaun Street, Coomera.
- North Kirra Surf Club – 7.30pm. Pacific Parade, North Kirra.
- Northern Gold Coast – 9pm. Brien Harris Oval, Orange Mountain Road, Ormeau.
- Paradise Point – 9pm. Paradise Point Parklands, The Esplanade, Paradise Point.
- Surfers Paradise – 8pm, 10pm and midnight. Surfers Paradise Beach.
- Coolangatta – 9pm, midnight. Marine Parade, Coolangatta.
Guests looking for accommodation can also choose to stay near Broadbeach, Main Beach and Surfers Paradise areas, as these suburbs house some of the most amazing accommodation in the whole area. There is still accommodation available, so click on our links below to find some last minute accommodation on the Gold Coast for New Years Eve.