The Cooly Rocks On festival is a popular and unique, music and car show that boasts many classic car displays as well as vintage outfits, live music, dancing and pageants in Coolangatta.
This 5-day long car show is one of the major events of the region and attracts thousands of visitors to the Gold Coast year after year.
Cooly Rocks On 2022 Dates & Program Schedule, Hotel Accommodation
This popular festival also invites its visitors to indulge in a vintage atmosphere as it presents over 100 retro market stalls and 100 craft market stalls where you can purchase classic style clothing and souvenirs.
You can also check out the massive swap meet and catch a late-night drive-in movie. Step back in time while watching the amazing rock ‘n roll shows and check out the wide collection of classic cars on display.
Make sure you stay for the weekend as the fun of the event culminates into a huge party where the streets are closed and the streets come alive with live music, competitions and displays.
The main events that ran during the 2021 Cooly Rocks On were as follows:
- Classic Car Show ‘n’ Shine: Get up close and personal as you admire over 700 cars from the 50s, 60s & 70s era, including classics, customs, hot rods and muscle cars
- Indian Motorcycle National Gathering: The Indian Motorcycle Riders (IMR) will be back to host their National Gathering, bringing the bikes and good times to the beach
- The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Contest (UETA): Get ready to watch our top 20 Elvis Tribute Artists take to the stage to compete in the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest
- Miss Cooly Rocks On: Hit the town for an evening filled with class and elegance as 10 finalists compete for the crown and title of Miss Cooly Rocks On
- Miss Rockabilly: Watch ten finalists compete for the crown and title of Miss Rockabilly at the annual festival highlight at The Coolangatta Hotel
- Harvest Moon Swing Ball: The 1950s style shindig will feature a band and a black and white style dance floor taking you on the journey of eras gone by
- Rockin’ Dance Performances: Watch talented local Dancers perform to everyone’s favourite rocking hits as you walk down ‘Nostalgia Lane’ in Coolangatta
- Shannons Show ‘N’ Shine: Get up close and personal as you admire over 600 cars from the 50s, 60s & 70s era, including classics, customs, hot rods and muscle cars.
- Indian Motorcycle National Gathering: Festival-goers can check out the hottest Indian Motorcycles on display, including the latest models hot off the production line, plus browse the large range of apparel for sale at the beachside Indian HQ.
- Kustomville: A Kustom culture experience showcasing lowbrow art, hot rods, kustom vehicles and more! The new and exciting addition to Cooly Rocks On is presented by the Beatniks Kustom Car Club.
- Car Run to SEVEN82MOTORS: Typically only open to the public on the first Saturday of the month, SEVEN82MOTORS will be opening their doors for a special evening to celebrate the spirit of Cooly Rocks On.
- Car Run to Gold Coast Motor Museum: Experience the best of both worlds as you cruise from the iconic Gold Coast beaches to the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland.
- Goodwin Park: In addition to the Shannons Show ‘N’ Shine, wander through a curated array of vintage vehicles including Hammond Craft Boats, Clipper Busses, Vintage Ambulances, plus Krazy Cruisers vintage bicycles.
Throughout the festival, you will also hear live music from a huge range of rock’n’roll, swing, big band, blues and jazz bands. There will also be retro markets and food vendors trading from Thursday to Sunday during the festival.
Book your accommodation early near Cooly Rocks On by clicking the link below.