The Cooly Rocks On festival is a popular and unique music and car show that boasts many classic car displays as well as vintage costumes, live music and a massive parade.
This 5-day long car show is one of the major events of the region and attracts thousands of visitors to the Gold Coast year after year.
Cooly Rocks On 2017 Dates & Program Schedule, Hotel Accommodation
This popular festival also invites its visitors to indulge in a vintage atmosphere as it presents over 100 retro market stalls and 100 craft market stalls where you can purchase classic style clothing and souvenirs.
You can also check out the massive swap meet and catch a late night drive-in movie. Step back in time while watching the amazing rock ‘n roll shows and check out the wide collection of classic cars on display.
Make sure you stay for the final weekend as the fun of the event culminates into a huge party where the streets are closed and the streets come alive with live music, parades, competitions and displays.
The main events scheduled for Cooly Rocks On in 2017 are as follows:
- Drive in Movies: Thursday, Friday, Saturday (8-10 June) at Jack Evans Boat Harbour. Bring your car or a picnic blanket and enjoy some classic movies under the stars. Pre-registration required.
- Shannons Show n’ Shine: Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th of June. Over 1,300 classic cars (pre-1970’s) will be on display in special locations in Tweed, Kirra & Coolangatta.
- Street Parade: Saturday 10th of June from 9.30am. A parade along the beachfront which will stretch for 2kms. Filled with classic cars, floats, bikes, music and so much more!
- Miss Cooly Rocks On 2017: Saturday 10th of June. Come and watch some beautiful ladies compete with their unique vintage looks for an amazing prize.
- Fireworks: Saturday 10th June, after dark.
- Poodle Oodle Parade: Sunday 11th June from 10am. The popular poodle parade is back with competitions for Best in Show, Best Groomed, Best Dog Trick, Waggiest Tail, Cute Factor and Owner and Pooch Lookalike.
- Kids Pedal Car Show’n’Shine: Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th of June. Customised ‘tot rods’ for little ones as they cruise up and down the streets of Coolangatta.
- Dance Championship: Sunday 11th of June. Come and watch some of Australia’s best rock ‘n roll, swing and rockabilly dancers compete for the championship prize!
- Miss Rockabilly 2017: Sunday 11th of June at the Coolangatta Sands Hotel. There will be 12 finalists competing for the best performance and rockabilly personality.
Throughout the festival, you will also hear live music from The Recliner Rockers, Pat Capocci, The ERT Trio, The Speedsters, Lucky Seven, Nightmoves, Beach Boyz, Itchy Fingers, Little Billy, The Long Gone Daddys, the Doo Wop Dolls and Cruisin’ Deuces. There will also be retro markets and food vendors trading from Thursday to Sunday during the festival. Make sure to check out the roller skating rink next to the Jack Evans Boat Harbour as well!
Here is the link to the full program guide for Cooly Rocks in 2018! Book your accommodation early near Cooly Rocks On by clicking the link below.